NOLA and Business
Wow, it looks like I haven’t updated in…a week?
Between traveling and just getting my feet on the ground, it’s been crazy. Let’s see what I’ve missed.
- Met with a potential client to talk about what I can do for his website. It’s currently on vistaprint’s setup and that’s less than optimal.
- Spent some time reviewing HeyBespoke and what a product like that means for services I provide. At nearly $1k for a DIY site, I think this actually helps me think through what I’m offering clients.
- Had a catch up call with a previous client. He’d like to add a blog and a few other things to his site to give clout. Looking at what he has there, there is so much more that I can do for him, so we’ll check that out.
- Worked on mockups for a new site.
- Flew out to NOLA! It was a late night, but we stayed in the Royal Sonesta and felt like we were in the heart of activity. So much fun.
- Bought protein bars and shakes, which were really helpful when panhandlers asked for money. 🙂
- Went to Cafe Du Monde
- Visited the Voodoo Museum
- Had the best bloody mary of my life at Curio, and met a gentleman and his wife who are from New York City. He asked for my card, since a client of his is looking for a new site soon. I need to make calling cards!
- Went on a fantastic food tour with Doctor Gumbo Tours (tried Boudin Balls, Muffaletta, Catfish Po Boys, Pralines, and Gumbo), met a history teacher and her boyfriend who works in media in Jackson, MS. We talked about the state of media these days and our responsibility for the next generation.
- Fulfilled our reservation at Restaurant R’evolution, which was lovely but I was so full I couldn’t enjoy much, ha!
- Ate breakfast at the Governor (it included Fried Brussels Sprouts, and it was beautiful)
- Had a Sazerac at the Old Absinthe House
- Drank Bloody Mary’s in the Airport until we got to Atlanta
- Saw my sister while we shopped for groceries at Trader Joe’s!
- Started my courses through Interaction Design Foundation
- Worked on mockups some more
- Checked out our garden and got a heckin’ lot of produce from it
- Worked through more lessons for IDF
- Made some site updates for a client
- Finished those mockups
- Worked up a pricing structure that makes sense and is fair to clients (will sleep on it and see how I feel before putting up here)
- Set up a meeting with a potential new client
- Confirmed launch/redirects for bibbcommunitypartnership.org. (!! Yay!)
- Worked on company names.
Looking at my open tabs, I have been reading some cool things and I should probably put them here for safe keeping: